7 Tips to Increase Client Loyalty
The Proof is in the Puddin’
guest post by Steve Krebs
So many fit pros ask Luka and I how we developed the culture, retention and loyalty that are exhibited within our facilities.
It is no accident, I can tell you that.
Too many fit pros focus on Lead Generation or “Where the next buck is coming from”. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a numbers guy to a fault sometimes, “Cuz if it don’t make dollars it don’t make sense!”
Truth is, if you don’t create a unique experience for your members where they feel special you will HAVE to continue to worry about constantly bringing new people in because your retention will be low. That is the root cause of worrying about lead generation.
If and when you create a a special “place” for your members, you will see retention and referrals improve. It’s amazing to see how our members feel like Next Level and Vigor Ground are THEIRS, they feel an ownership and sense of pride in these facilities I have seen in very few businesses.
So, how did we do it?
1) Really get to know all of your members. If you don’t know them, you can’t CONNECT to them.
2) Treat members like FAMILY, and prospects like clients. I have said this a million times, but I still think most fit pros don’t do this….. unless they treat their family like shit too and in that case I can’t help em’
3) Run Boot Camps for a cause on a regular basis where you raise money for charities your members are connected to, especially local people that need help. Get a DJ to donate his/her time, make it an amazing experience for all attendees.
4) Always do what you say. With fitness businesses popping up left and right, loyalty will only be earned by being a man or woman of your word. If you say you are going to do something for your members, DO IT!
5) Consistency is KING. Enough said. Don’t be a flake. Don’t change the schedule every other month. Commit to them 100% and they will commit to you.
6) Go above and beyond. Make every member feel special in some way. We have nick names for every single member at Next Level. We know everything about them. We send hand written thank you cards, personalized gifts, birthday cards, hold membership appreciation events and more.
7) This should probably be #1, GET THEM RESULTS! You can’t call yourself an expert without putting the work in! The world is full of self proclaimed experts. Its stupid. Earn your expert status, and then get your clients results by being a top notch coach, and creating a supportive environment for them to grow.
I LOVE MY Members. I do little things for them that no one else in their lives do. If they can’t make it to training, I send them at home workouts, If they are struggling I set up desk dates and help them, the list goes on and on. The point is, you could do the same thing.
To be successful in fitness business you HAVE TO ACTUALLY CARE. I have seen a ton of trainers who have “book smarts” but can’t connect to their clients so they continue to struggle. You MUST work on both technical knowledge and social skills if you struggle with interaction.
Don’t be afraid to connect.
Go the extra mile for your members, and they WILL be loyal to you and your business. But you have to EARN it! And that won’t happen over night.
If you are a trainer grab the free videos NOW at “The Fitness Business Mix Tape”
“Two of the Industry’s Realest Pros share their battle-proven, in-the-trenches tested strategies, a blueprint on how they combine for 7 figures a year,so that you can take your fitness business to the next level!
No B.S., Real Talk, Real Strategies, Real Results!”