High Intensity Density Stacking: 10-Min “Stacked” BW Bootcamp Workouts
This workout introduces a new approach called Density Stacking; that can double or even triple your client’s results.
You see, the controversy has been swirling about how much work you can really get done in only 10 minutes.
However, there is an advanced solution that you can add to your sessions immediately for faster results.
It’s called Density Stacking, here’s how it works:
Instead of doing one 10-minute workout and moving on to something else…..
…..you’ll stack two or three 10-minute workouts in a strategic and structured format to smoke their entire body in one sweat pouring session…
Enter the Spark study, which was designed by Dr. Glenn Gaesser to determine if many short bursts of exercise would have the same health and fitness benefits as the standard 30-40 minute workout.
Dr. Gaesser’s study showed results in just three weeks.
· 10-15% improvement in aerobic fitness among middle-aged men and women; the equivalent fitness level of a person 10-15 years younger.
Increase in strength and muscular endurance from 40 to 100%; the equivalent strength level of a person 20 years younger.
A 15-point drop in total cholesterol; even higher for high-risk participants. The average Spark study participant reduced their risk of heart disease by 20% – those in the high risk range reduced their risk by close to 40%!
That’s because each 10-Minute Fat Loss workout hits your ENTIRE body.
If you apply Density Stacking, it’ll look something like this:
Workout #1 – 20-10 Thigh Thrasher
· Double Pushup Burpees – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 6 rounds
Switch Lunges – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
Low Pushup Hold – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
Squat Punisher – 20 seconds on, 10 second hold at bottom x 6 rounds
Workout #2 – 10 Minute Elite Ironman
Do each exercise for 1 minute. Only rest when necessary, especially when your form starts to dip.
· Around the World
Prisoner Squat Jumps
Oblique Mountain Climber Pushups
Repeat 1 more time
Workout #3 – Born Ready
This one we’re doing Ladder Up style! That means you’ll start by doing one repetition of each exercise, one right after the other. In the next round, you’ll do two repetitions of each exercise, followed by 3 reps, 4 reps, etc.
Each round, simply add one repetition to each exercise. Go as high up the ladder as you can in 10 minutes, rest only when necessary.
· Cross Body Mountain Climber Burpees
Plank to Triceps Extension
Reverse Lunge w/ Knee Up
That’s why I love sticking with bodyweight exercises in my bootcamp sessions.
All you need is a small area to work in, plus you can seamlessly transition between each exercise without missing a beat.
It works especially well if you’re running 30-minute sessions, because there’s no time to waste.
Now, the problem a lot of people have with bodyweight exercises is a lack of variety.
Who wants to do pushups, jumping jacks and lunges every single day?
I know I don’t
With a little creativity, you can come up with hundreds of different bodyweight exercises, so your clients NEVER get bored.
Here’s the intense 30 minute session I just put my clients through earlier this morning.
- Dynamic Bodyweight Warm Up – 5 minutes
- High Knees Running in Place
- Walking Lunges
- Prisoner Squats
- Arm Crosses
- 20-10 Total Body Burner – 10 Minutes
- Wall Squats – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
- Close Grip Pushups – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
- Reverse Lunge w/ Knee Up – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
- X Body Mountain Climber Burpees – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
- High Knees Sprint in Place – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
- Ladder Up (Love Handles Down) Conditioning Workout – 10 minutes
- Prisoner Squat Jump
- Around the World
- Total Body Extension
- Start by doing 1 rep for each exercise, one right after the other. Next round, do 2 reps, then 3, 4, 5 and so on. Each round add 1 rep to each exercise. Go as high up the ladder as you can in 10 minutes. Only rest when necessary.
- Cool Down – 5 minutes
Your clients will be fighting to catch their breath after that one!
Tomorrow I’ll post 10 more Density Stacking BW workouts for you:)