53 Ways to Build Your Fitness Business
by Pat Rigsby
Here are 53 essential tips for building your fitness business from Pat Rigsby that will help you generate more new clients and then get those clients to stay longer, purchase more, and refer often.
Follow these guidelines, and you’ll be miles ahead of the competition
On Developing Marketing Materials
- A good headline makes or breaks you.
- The first paragraph has to be great to get the prospect to continue reading in any copy.
- The P.S. is the next most important component of successful copy.
- Test, test, test.
- Marketing materials are most effective when presented to people that already know, like, and trust you.
- Use testimonials with pictures.
- Have a strong call to action.
- Recognize that marketing materials are just a means of getting prospects in front of you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask.
- Show how you can help them first.
- Create win/win situations at all times.
- Only work with people who have the right customer / client / patient base, run a business that you feel comfortable associating yourself with, and aren’t jerks.
On Fitness Referrals
- Earn the referral by providing great service and an extraordinary experience.
- Ask for the referral in multiple ways.
- Reward the referring action. It’s your job to close.
- Reward the referral again when the referred prospect buys.
- Remember how much it would cost to acquire a new client through advertising when rewarding a referrer.
- Use Transformation Challenges, Walls of Fame, Referral Contests, Bring a Friend Days, Point of Sale Referral Systems, Referral Request Mailings, and a variety of other means to keep the referral mindset prominent in your fitness business.
On Conversion Rates-Turning Prospects Into Clients
- Offer a powerful guarantee. At minimum, 100% Money Back.
- Have a powerful USP that appeals to your niche market.
- Have more than one type of offering: Semi-private, large group, and group weight management all can help you convert more prospects, as can different tiers within the same offering.
- Make it easy to buy. Use EFT billing so payments can be spread out.
- Have plenty of testimonials handy-social proof is crucial.
- Try before you buy. As opposed to what some people think, free sessions are a great idea. If your average package is $1000, wouldn’t you expect someone to want to know what they’re spending a thousand bucks on?
- Use a sales script. If something works, stick with it.
- Test different sales presentations. We changed 1 step and increased our average transaction value by $400.
- Spend more time listening than talking.
- Find their pain. Uncover their “why,” and tie everything back to it.
- Educate on value, not price.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for the sale.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a BIG sale.
- Target better prospects. That doesn’t always mean more affluent prospects. Target prospects who are a better fit for you and your business.
On Maximizing Lifetime Client Value
- Give better service. Every day you need to be “on.”
- Under promise and over deliver. This is essential for building a personal training business that can stand the test of time.
- Stay in regular contact with your clients outside of normal sessions with phone calls, emails, etc.
- Add complimentary services: nutrition, massage, etc.
- Add complimentary products: supplements, foam rollers, etc
- Use longer-term contracts.
- Keep a lot of client data: b-day, anniversary, kids’ names, hobbies, etc.
- Schedule the next appt. today if you are running a 1-on-1 or semi-private business.
- Send a weekly e-mail newsletter.
- Send Greeting Cards–Birthdays, Holidays and cards for reaching goals–or cards to just say thanks.
- Provide post-purchase reassurance: make calls, send cards, and make sure the client continues to be happy they chose you.
- Have new special offers each month. Make sure that every client is presented with these offers.
- Run Transformation Challenges and offer a special upgraded package for the duration.
- Sell consumables: Supplements need to be re-purchased again; DVDs and foam rollers don’t.
- Raise your prices. You can do it in small increments, too. A $2 or $3 increase per session will get no resistance from clients but add a lot to your bottom line over the year.
- Have a scripted up-sell at the initial point of sale.
- Have scripted up-sells at specific points during each client’s program.
- Use automated billing.
- Suggest your most expensive program first.
- Treat everyone like you want to be treated. Or, better yet, treat everyone like they want to be treated. This will help develop stronger relationships with your trainers and clients.
On Forming Strategic Alliances
Track everything – close rates, avg. deal size, etc.
These 53 tips are really just scratching the surface. But you have to start somewhere.
Now, here’s a proven way to get 3-4 new training clients per week…
It’s actually a 12 week step-by-step plan that can pull 50 new clients into your training business in just 90 days
These are PROVEN real-world methods that work and hundreds of trainers all over the globe are using these methods with great
success to build their dream training business
It’s Called 50 Clients Fast
And right now you can get 50 Clients Fast for $19 instead of the regular price of $99.95. That’s a saving of 81% off
Get Fast Clients Fast 19 Bucks HERE
Myself and Ryan Ketchum are going to take you by the hand and guide you to getting 50 new clients faster than you ever thought
possible and provide you with the knowledge, tools and momentum you need to build your business to whatever level you want
And like I said, for a short time it’s just $19 instead of the normal price of $99.95
Get 50 Clients Fast for 81% Off HERE
Leave a Reply